This Week in Kindergarten
October 24th - October 28th
This week in LA we will be working in our SuperKids unit on the letter Dd. We will focus on the /d/ sound at the beginning and end of words. We will also be completing two interactive readers this week as we practice using memory words in our reading. This week we will continue to focus on our sequencing and retelling skills by reading "I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat".
This week in math we'll focus on number from 0-120. We will spend a few weeks working with numbers to 120. We will be reading, counting, and writing numbers in many different ways. We will also be playing several games as we learn more and more about larger numbers :-)
This week in religion we will continue to talk about the liturgical year. We will also continue to focus on saints this week as we approach All Saints Day next week. Noah's Ark stick puppets will come home this week - please encourage your child to use their puppets to retell the story of Noah's Ark. We will join our 8th Grade buddies for mass on Friday at 9:00.
This week we will finish up our weather unit and take a few days to complete a mini-unit on bats. We will read several nonfiction texts and see what bat facts we can learn from our reading.
Notes & Announcements:
- IMPORTANT DATES:
- Trunk-or-Treat - Monday, October 31st (1:30-3:00)
- Fall Field Trip - Friday, November 4th
- Theater Field Trip w/1st & 2nd Grade - Wednesday, February 1st
- Please Note: This is a morning field trip with a limited number of tickets. We will NOT be taking chaperones on this trip and will be back to SAS for lunch.
- End of Year Picnic - Monday, June 5th
Have a Wonderful Week!
Happy Playing, Laughing & Learning!