This Week in Kindergarten
January 16th - January 20th
This Thursday we welcome our new principal, Mrs. Ball, to SAS! Thursday morning Kindergarten students can arrive in the classroom per our usual routine from 8:25-8:40. At 8:40 Ms. Cramer will bring the class upstairs so they can participate in welcoming and meeting Mrs. Ball in the school hall with the older students.
This week in LA we will meet our next SuperKid and begin working on the letter Ff and the /f/ sound. We will also be working on a couple of sorting activities this week to continue to build phonemic awareness for beginning sounds and rhyming words. We will also continue to build our writing skills by working to add detail to our writing through describing words. Later in the week we will also reread "The Mitten" and practice retelling/sequencing the story.
This week in math we will be continuing our work on Numbers to 120, Addition with sums to 10 and Subtraction. This week our subtraction focus will be moving from a subtraction sentence using "take away and is" to the subtraction equation using the "-" and "=" symbols.
This week in religion we will continue to work in our God's Gift of Senses unit. We will be working through several read aloud stories as well as several sorting activities to identify the 5 senses and how they are important in the exploration of our world. There will be NO mass this Friday.
This week in science we will begin our next unit on "Living & Nonliving Things and their roles in Ecosystems". Our focus this week will be identifying living and nonliving things. We will be working to ask questions to help us identify if something is living or nonliving. We will also be exploring the needs of living things.
Notes & Announcements:
- SCHOOL CLOSED MONDAY
- School will be closed Monday, January 16th in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- NEW PRINCIPAL WELCOME
- We will welcome our new principal, Mrs. Ball, on Thursday!!
- IMPORTANT DATES
- Theater Field Trip w/1st & 2nd Grade - Wednesday, February 1st
- Please Note: This is a morning field trip with a limited number of tickets. We will NOT be taking chaperones on this trip and will be back to SAS for lunch.
- Spring Field Trip - Thursday, May 18th
- End of Year Picnic - Monday, June 5th
- FRIDAY FLYER - CATHOLIC SCHOOL'S WEEK
- Please make sure to read the Friday Flyer each week as it contains updates and useful information regarding upcoming activities. The latest Friday Flyer includes an overview of Catholic School's Week which begins on January 29th.
- DRESS DOWN DAY
- On Friday (1/20/17) we will be having a school-wide dress down day to raise money for the family that tragically lost 6 children in the house fire last week. Please see the Friday Flyer for information.
Have a Wonderful Week!
Happy Playing, Laughing & Learning!