This Week in Kindergarten
April 24th - April 28th
This week in LA we will jump right in to our next SuperKids unit on the Letter Pp and the /p/ sound. We will also introduce our next four Memory Words (we're almost at the end of our list!!). Our new words this week will be: make, up, down, all. We will be moving from writing Friendly Letters into Opinion Writing this week and will increase our writing time in the classroom as we learn more and more great writing skills :-)
This week in math we will review Bar Graphs and will move into our next type of graph, Tally Graphs. We will continue to review and practice Numbers to 120, Addition and Subtraction as we move forward with our Graphing & Data Unit.
This week in religion we will focus on two Bible Hereos, Ester and Joseph, which we'll add to our books we've been working on. We will be joining our 8th Grade buddies for mass on Friday at 9:00.
This week in science we will continue with our Force & Motion unit and will pull in a bit of LA this week :-) Our theme for the week will be Huff & Puff. We will explore how we can move things by huffing and puffing like the Big Bad Wolf did in the class story of the Three Little Pigs. This week we'll read several versions of the story and will practice identifying story elements as we go through the week. We'll finish up our week with a fun STEM activity related to both the story and our Science topic :-)
Throughout the week we will also slide in several Earth Day themed activities as we celebrate our wonderful Earth that God created!
Notes & Announcements:
- IMPORTANT DATES - Mark Your Calendar!
- Muffins with Mom - Friday, April 28th @ 7:30
- SCHOOL CLOSED - Friday, May 5th (Professional Day)
- Mother's Day Celebration - Friday, May 12th from 2:00-3:15
- Spring Field Trip - Thursday, May 18th
- Race for Education - Friday, May 19th (Early Dismissal Day)
- SCHOOL CLOSED - Monday, May 29th (Memorial Day)
- End of Year Picnic - Monday, June 5th
- FRIDAY FLYER
- Please make sure to read through the Friday Flyer each week. It is packed full of useful information....especially on upcoming events and activities!
- DONATIONS NEEDED IN K
- Thank you to those who have been able to donate cleaning wipes to our classroom. We will continue to collect these anytime you are able to donate. Cleaning wipes get used up quickly as we snack, craft, paint and have lots of messy fun in the classroom :-)
Have a Wonderful Week!!
Happy Playing, Laughing & Learning!