This Week in Kindergarten
March 27th - March 31st
This week in LA we will move into our next SuperKids unit on the letter Nn and the /n/ sound. We will continue to review Memory Words daily and will also continue to build writing skills each day as we work on Friendly Letters and Picture Prompt Writing activities. Our phonics work is now consistently including beginning blends such as the /fl/ in flower, floor, and flag. We are also continuing to work on writing more independently - students are encouraged to use the sounds they hear in the words as they say them slowly to build their encoding skills.
This week in math we will be continuing to move through our Measurement unit. We will focus on finishing up height measurement and move forward with measuring capacity and weight using a balance scale. We will continue to review Numbers to 120, Addition and Subtraction throughout the week.
This week in religion we will make the "wings" for our Lenten butterflies as we review The Very Hungry Caterpillar and how we can use it as an example of change. We will take time to review the connection of the change of a caterpillar into a butterfly with the changes we can make during Lent to grow closer to God. We will also move to our next Bible Hero - David. We will have a class Stations of the Cross on Friday. There will be no mass this week due to testing in Grades 2-8.
This week we will be celebrating Character Counts with buddy activities and a Fun Run on Wednesday. Our class color is GREEN in celebration of the pillar of Responsibility. Students should wear their uniform sweatpants, green shirts and comfy shoes on Wednesday for the run :-)
**We will have several CC! activities plus a couple of Spring themed art activities in the classroom this week - we will NOT have Science/SS this week but will move forward with our last big Science unit next week.**
Notes & Announcements:
- IMPORTANT DATES - Mark Your Calendar!
- Character Counts Fun Run - Wednesday, March 19th (K wears GREEN)
- Muffins with Mom - Friday, April 28th
- Spring Field Trip - Thursday, May 18th
- Mother's Day Celebration - Friday, May 12th from 2:00-3:15
- End of Year Picnic - Monday, June 5th
- FRIDAY FLYER
- Please make sure to read through the Friday Flyer each week. It is packed full of useful information....especially on upcoming events and activities!
- Please make note that school is now CLOSED on Thursday, April 13th as the beginning of our Easter Break.
- DONATIONS NEEDED IN K
- Thank you to those who have been able to donate cleaning wipes to our classroom. We will continue to collect these anytime you are able to donate. Cleaning wipes get used up quickly as we snack, craft, paint and have lots of messy fun in the classroom :-)
Have a wonderful week!
Happy Playing, Laughing & Learning!