This Week in Kindergarten
September 26th - September 30th
This week in LA we will finish up our unit on our second SuperKid, Oswald and begin our their unit on the letter Gg and the /g/ sound. During our Gg unit, we'll meet the SuperPet, Golly. We will continue to focus on beginning sounds and rhyming words this week. We'll also be focusing on our first word family: the -AT family (cat, mat, hat, bat, pat, etc.).
This week in math we will work on reading, writing and counting numbers 6-10. We will be working on building general number sense as well as an understanding of the set-up of a Hundred Chart and base ten counting using ones and tens. We will continue to complete lots of dice activities to build fluency in recognizing 1-6 on a dice without counting the dots (subitizing).
This week in religion we will visit the church once more before attending our first mass with our 8th Grade buddies on October 7th. In class, we will continue to work through our God Created the World unit both in our student books and our student-made books.
We will begin our science instruction this week with our first unit, Seasons & Weather. This week we'll focus on each of the four seasons and what changes do we see as we move from one season to another.
Notes & Announcements:
- SCHOOL PICTURES:
- Individual student portraits will be taken this Friday, September 30th. Please be on the look out in your child's folder this Tuesday for ordering information.
- IMPORTANT DATES:
- School Pictures - Friday, September 30th
- Trunk-or-Treat - Monday, October 31st (1:30-3:00)
- Fall Field Trip - Friday, November 4th
- Theater Field Trip w/1st & 2nd Grade - Wednesday, February 1st
- Please Note: This is a morning field trip with a limited number of tickets. We will NOT be taking chaperones on this trip and will be back to SAS for lunch.
- End of Year Picnic - Monday, June 5th
- KINDERGARTEN ROOM PARETNS:
- Many Thanks to our 2016-2017 Room Parents for volunteering their time to help our class have a great year! Mrs. Linton and Mrs. Kelly will be in touch soon to relay upcoming activity info your way :-)
- UNIFORM REMINDER (Girls):
- Please keep in mind that our uniform policy does include requirements for hair accessories. When in uniform, girls should wear black, white, yellow, navy or uniform plaid headbands - ALL hair ties/ribbons/barrettes should also be these colors. Thank you in advance for following our school uniform policy.
Have a wonderful week!
Happy Playing, Laughing & Learning!